Mission & Values

Mission and Values

The Healthcare Need

Around 6% of the population require specialist speech and language therapy (SLT) support. This can be caused by Stroke, TBI, brain infection, congenital brain disorders, delayed or disordered learning, autism, Down’s syndrome, dementia and other degenerative brain disorders.

Scale / Size of the Issue

That's over 3 million people in the UK alone who are in need of speech and language therapy. Through our experience we estimate that SLT services are currently only able to be offered to 10% of those in need. React2 could extend our reach to the remaining 90%.

Individual Needs

The evidence base shows that these people need more intensive, frequent SLT for longer periods of time (Brady et al. 2012). Computer based therapy exercises are an established ideal way of enabling SLT to provide intensive input (Palmer, Enderby & Paterson 2013).

Cost of Care

Current healthcare budgets however often do not allow for this, leaving people in need of additional treatment and in absence of charitable help with nowhere to turn.

Our mission

The whole React2 team are committed to improve the frequency and intensity of therapy available to those in need. In so doing we support professionals in health services, schools and charities with these innovative new extension to their existing services.

We are focused on being patient-centric in all that we do.

Because React2 is Cloud-based and interactive it can be used at a time and pace that works for you.

The story of React2 starts in 2005, when NHS Borders collaborated with Dean Turnbull to develop an interactive product that would help people experiencing problems with speech as the result of a stroke, aphasia or dementia.

Dean’s determination to use his skills in a practical way arose after his mother fell ill and he saw first hand how limited some of the support available to patients and their families can be. You can read Dean’s story here.

Several years of research, development and trials followed as the team honed the product and explored ways to migrate the content online. By 2011 react2cloud was being successfully trialled. In September 2012 it went live.

The story doesn’t end here, however, React2 is a live development project, and we’re constantly looking at ways to make it even better – that’s why we’re always pleased to have feedback.

We’re constantly exploring how we can make things even more user-friendly, researching new ideas and adding new content. And because it’s an online programme, as soon as they’re ready to go, these changes can be made available instantly.

We know that React2 can’t change what’s happened to you or a loved one – but we hope it can help change your lives for the better by helping you move along the road to recovery.

Get in Touch

react2.com online speech therapy software has been of benefit to adults and children with speech learning difficulties. This may be as a result of aphasia after stroke, brain injury or head trauma or autism - whatever the reason, we have seen the positive transformation our speech therapy activities have made on many people's lives.

If you have a question regarding your specific speech therapy issue, or to arrange a full clinical evaluation of react2.com, please don’t hesitate to contact us using the form below. We look forward to being of help.